Monday, September 15, 2008

Evacuees again...






Tom finished boarding up our home, took a bike ride around the neighborhood, got a good night's sleep and then met up with Karen's husband, Scott, to head up to Huntsville. Tom really wanted to "ride the storm out", but I really wanted him to be with the family. We were so happy when they arrived! Karen and I were pretty much nervous the whole time and glued to the Weather Station. We were so concerned about the storm surge and had realized what a massive storm Ike was! The guys took the kids to the park while we stressed some more and got out maps and had lots of conversations. Meanwhile the kids had a great time playing game boys, drawing, playing games, watching the deer in the back yard, watching movies, eating, playing with the 3 dogs, etc... We even went to this little movie rental/pizza joint for dinner and met the owners of Charolina Creek Christian Camp. This is the camp where LSA classes go on class retreats. How awesome God is when he plants people like that in your path. I got about 4 hrs. of sleep on Friday night. I got up at 2 a.m. slept off and on till 3, got up and read the Bible until 4 a.m. spending a lot of time reading Psalm 20 - 25, tried to sleep again until 5 when I realized Grandma and Grandpa were up! Down I went to watch the Weather Channel again... The nerves and stress were unreal! To have no control... Jeremiah 29:11 kept running in my mind..."For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." We lost power in Huntsville about 5:30 a.m. Although Grandpa Bleam had generators hooked up to the fridge, TV, and eventually a window unit, it was HOT! Poor Colton was running around in his diaper and his little head was drenched! Things were getting a little more tense at the house, but we all fared well. We had contact with family and friends when our cell phones worked. Praise God our home was spared and we just needed to figure out what to do next... Now the question was, when will the power be on at home?

No comments: